Croatia, Ciovo - Impressive villa overlooking the sea, for sale

Ref. : 2021/169 - House / Villa - For Sale
Selling price: 990.000 €
Living space: 950 Land space: 960 Rooms: 15 Bathrooms: 7 Distance from sea: 100 m
Number of floors: 4
  • Swimming pool
  • Sea view
  • Parking
  • Luxury
  • Modern

Impressive villa located on a dominant position in the last row of houses in a small, quiet place on the island of Ciovo. The villa is surrounded by pine forests, while its front central side has an open view of Trogir or the entire Kaštela bay.

The villa is spread over four floors, built on a 960m2 plot and has a total area of approximately 950m2. A cultivated garden with planted Mediterranean herbs, palm trees, artificial lake, fountains and sunbathing lounges offers a daily meditative atmosphere. The villa also has a wellness center with indoor pool, whirlpool and sauna.

In addition to the villa there is an smaller object of 70m2, which can serve as a area for the housekeepers or staff who would maintain this great building.

The center of Trogir is only 4 km away, the Split airport is 9 km away, while Split as the main center of southern Croatia is only 30 km away.

Location description
Ciovo (pronounced [tʃîɔv̞ɔ]; Italian: Bua) is a small island located off the Adriatic coast in Croatia with an area of 28.8 square kilometres (11.1 sq mi) (length 15.3 km (9.5 mi), width up to 3.5 km (2.2 mi)),[1] population of 6,071 inhabitants (2001) and its highest peak is 218 m (Rudine). Click for more
Similar Properties


These are questions and answers on some frequently asked questions about real estate in Croatia, for any other questions feel free to contact us or come to our office and we will be glad to help you.

1. Can foreign nationals buy real estate in Croatia?

Foreign nationals belonging to EU Member States can purchase real estate in the same way as Croatian nationals. Foreign nationals belonging to non-EU countries can purchase real estate in Croatia with cumulatively fulfilled two conditions: reciprocity agreement with the Republic of Croatia and consent of the Ministry of Justice.

2. What is the real estate tax in the Republic of Croatia?

The Republic of Croatia has a unique real estate tax rate of 3%. The amount of tax is determined on the basis of the price from the contract of sale and the assessment of the competent tax administration. According to the law, the buyer pays tax on the received solution only once.

3. What is the tax on real estate swap?

The tax is also 3%, so each property owner pays 3% of the estimated value of the property for the new property when swapping.

4. In what time span real estate sales tax must be paid?

The tax liability arises at the time of the conclusion of the contract or other legal transaction that acquires the real estate. The notary is obliged to submit one copy of the document to the Tax Administration within 30 days from the signature on the sale documents. The taxpayer is obliged to pay the determined tax within 15 days from the delivery of the decision on determining the real estate sales tax.

5. What is a down payment and how much is it?

A down payment is an insurance that the buyer pays to the seller as a sign that the contract has been concluded and a certainty that the obligation will be fulfilled. In practice, the down payment is given on the Pre-contract and is usually 10% of the agreed purchase price. In case of fulfillment of the contract, the down payment is calculated in the total amount of the agreed purchase price.

6. Can the amount of real estate purchase be paid in foreign currency?

In principle, no. Every sale in the Republic of Croatia must be paid in EURO. If a foreign currency payment is made, the bank will convert it to EURO.

7. Is it possible to conclude and certify a contract of real estate sale abroad?

Yes, if it is a citizen of the Republic of Croatia then it is best to certify the contract with our diplomatic mission. If it is a foreign national then with the notarization of the purchase contract with a public notary, the Apostille of public document issued in that state is required.